Over the last several months I suffered with on-going bouts of clinical depression and lost my spark of life for a bit. Thank goodness they added another medicine that seems to be working well (knock on wood). For a few weeks prior to today I was looking at life in the most negative way possible. I know that sometimes things just suck. You know it, I know it. The” less than happy days” are followed eventually with a day that pulls you out of it and gives you something to smile about. This depression is nothing new and will be a part of my life forever. I just was again struck at how much depression really just makes you so tired of sticking with it, etc. That does not have to mean suicide, it can mean lack of motivation, disinterest, or fatigue. However that is to you, one thing remains true. The spark that lights your fire inside is indeed almost snuffed out and some days you wonder if it is lit at all. It feels like you might never get it back or that you are on the edge of the flame just blowing out quietly or perhaps with a big flash of light.
It is the Independence Day celebration here in the United States where we celebrate the fact that we defeated the English and gained our freedom to become our own free nation. I am happy to say that for me I remain ready to show off my assets to anyone who will look and that depression may bring this chick down but it sure as hell won’t take me out!! I am like the firecracker and am sometimes loud when lit. (very true after chocolate martinis) I am the sparkler who burns hot for all to see… For this 4th of July I am happy to say I see the spark which I feared was growing dim. Take a lesson from me and enjoy all of your moments over this holiday. Let everyone see your true colors.
There are these opportunities called fantasy camps that allow adults to indulge in and live out their desire to be a rock star, hockey player, etc. There is a whole website called GrownUpCamps.com that is designed for the adult who just wants to live out their dream of being something else other than what they are in their normal life for a week. In daydreaming thinking about it, I was imagining what the Showing Off My Assets (SOMA) Fantasy Camp might look like. Take a trip with me to a different kind of camp filled with some of the ideas you have come to expect from me… I would offer the camp at someplace that would give off a sexy vibe, but also out of the way so that our campers could feel free to be whatever they wanted to be. Antigua came to mind and I think the sand between the toes lends itself to our fantasy camp.
We now have the location pinned down. What would be offered at this SOMA fantasy camp? Here are a few of the classes offered throughout the week :
- Stripping 101: Learn How to Take It Off
- Learn How to Work the Pole
- Creative Juices Flowing : A class designed to help you get in touch with putting those hot fantasies on paper
- The Art of Seduction: Learn the Ways to Seduce Anyone
- Kama Sutra Explained
- What Not to Wear when Seducing: Our version includes a “makeover” turning one of our campers from “oh no no” to “ooh la la”
- Use of Sex Toys, Bondage, and Kink: with free toys provided from Eden’s Fantasy
- Writing a Sexy Blog: Taught by yours truly
- Self Confidence: Learning to feel good in the body and mind you were given
These classes would be informative and free with plenty of time left to take care of yourself or your partner after each class. This camp would focus on taking a fantasy of yours and preparing for a end of camp “performance.” At the rock -n-roll fantasy camps they always have a final gig showing the week’s worth of learning. Our campers would come up with a fantasy at the beginning of camp and come up with a way to express themselves in a fun party at the end of the week. An example might be a fantasy of being a stripper on stage and performing a small striptease on stage. Of course with our campers libations would be served at all classes and activities if desired. Parties and mixers would be nightly allowing our campers to “get to know each other” in any ways the campers might like. The most important fact of this camp is that there would be no judgments placed on anyone. We would want our campers to feel comfortable in whatever they wanted to do while at camp and learn the art of self-confidence comes from within.
A Class Offered
I am proud to announce that Showing Off My Ass-ets has a new advertiser to announce today. Eden’s Fantasy is is a company which offers a large assortment of adult products from sex toys, lingerie, and anything you might need to “get your groove on.” The most exciting thing is however that they have a new and awesome reference called SeXis which is an online magazine which I use for reference and inspiration all of the time. It is a place with great articles, discussions, and forums on all things related to sexuality. It fills a need that our society has for sex education, tips, and discussion.
It would make sense then if as in my fantasy I was able to have a fantasy camp like the one I have described that it would of course be sponsored by a company like Eden’s Fantasy. So anyone want to sign up for a non-traditional fantasy camp where you have fun and engage in your fantasies? I am thinking if it takes off and I can swing it, my readers could get a discount on it. (Laughs) It is summer and kids can’t be the only ones who get to go to camp and have fun. Get out there and stay sexy!
It is my birthday soon and while it is not like one of those “milestone” ones, it gives me a time to reflect on who I am, where I’ve been, and where I want to go. (no I did not get that off a greeting card or self-help book) Gonna say one thing right now, my life has been crazy. I have missed posting and am so glad to be back baby… Back to the subject at hand: me (or moi as the French like to say) and the many reasons why I am just that cool. For your reading pleasure I present to you the Top Ten Reasons I Rock:
- I bring it when it comes to personality. I am bold yet tactful, simple yet complex, and compassionate yet firm. You might find some other peeps who are cool but I genuinely would totally hang out with myself if I was someone else.
- I have a several things I live by in my life and this phrase describes how I feel: No man is a failure who is enjoying life. William Feather
- In a society that often does not appreciate being genuine, I feel like I am almost at all times genuine. That means that if I am sad you see it or if I am happy you know it. I don’t live life pushing things down and not showing others how I feel.
- I appreciate the special unique traits of people. I simply think that everyone of us has traits to share with the world. Instead of looking at the annoying ones, I try hard to look at those interesting traits. I have learned a lot from others by living like this. ( not all good but more often it has been the good things)
- I know how to have an intoxicating attitude. I also am even more fun while intoxicated with this attitude. *wink* Just ask a few people who have seen me after a few chocolate martinis. For your information here is the definition of intoxicating in the sense I am describing :” to excite or elate to the point of enthusiasm or frenzy.”
- I recognize and embrace the shortcomings I have and work with them. Let’s be real, I am really cool but I have some (very few mind you) things that I keep in mind. I am a procrastinator and put things off until the last minute. I used to be a neat freak and now I have gone to the “dark side.” I can be at times a bit of an “attention whore” (gasp). Other than those few things I am perfect… she says laughing to herself.
- I like sex and I can say it loud and proud. I like it, need it, want it, and love talking about it. Quite simply my mind is a gutter and seems like most people (especially the fellas) seem to enjoy my incessant need to banter about it. I can be crude but favor being a verbal temptress who prefers to be provocative on-line and in person. I don’t know why but it seems like there just aren’t enough chicks like me.
- I can express my emotions and thoughts in both written and verbal forms. As a trained clinical social worker, I am able to get the “stuff” out on the table and deal with it. I deal with what is going on and move on. I think that is cool because we have too many people who carry suitcases and suitcases of anger around with them.
- I am a kick-ass wife most of the time with the exception of housework. If you ask hubs, I make it up in other ways!! I love fully and completely with the kids and am the kind of mother I want to be most of the time. I’m not perfect (although close) but keep my eye on what I want to be remembered for.
- Finally I am fun… I can hang with all different kinds of people and enjoy it. I am open-minded and although we may not look like we have much in common, I am going to find a way to have fun with you if I can. There are a few hard nuts to crack sometimes and I know when to quit too.
There you have it. Pass it on to others. Tell them that I am just that cool. Have them read my blog or twitter me to show them (@showingmyassets) why they need to be reading my blog and making a personal connection to me. I may not be your cup of tea, but then again you have to take a sip of me to find out! I love all my readers and hope that the next year I can rock it just as hard as I rocked it this year…
I consider myself very open-minded and willing to give things a chance. That is what I did on Wednesday night (April 22) at the Yanni Voices concert in Nashville, TN. We had wonderful seats which were provided to us by the Yanni Voices tour through the One2One Network.
Okay, now stop laughing and let me tell you: ” This is ain’t your mama’s Yanni show.” If you don’t know much about Yanni, which I did not prior to Wednesday, just go here with me … Two hot guys for me and two hot women for the hubs to listen to and watch. Yanni in the past has only toured alone with his band but the newest endeavor has Yanni’s music set with the “Yanni Voices” who have written lyrics to accompany the music. Yanni Voices consists of Nathan Pacheco, Ender Thomas, Leslie Mills, and Chloe. There is an orchestra of musicians who travel with the tour as well who are extremely talented. I am not a music critic by any stretch of the imagination but I offer to you some of the things I enjoyed about the show.
- The musicians were very talented and what a treat it was to hear the music actually played and not piped in. It was amazing the way these musicians played with such passion.
- Ladies: The two guys who were part of the Yanni Voices were H-O-T! Nathan and Ender (first name basis now) made me very happy I had come to watch the concert. Did I tell you I got to meet them backstage? Meow!
- Men: As my husband commented, ” Leslie was like the sugar of the women and Chloe more of the spice.” Leslie had a more classic crooner style vocally, while Chloe was much more sultry in her performance. At one point both women are writhing on the piano which I believe was a highlight for many men at the show.
- Yanni himself is quite a showman and I was mesmerized with the way the soloists, the artists, and Yanni kept taking his music in different directions, including a harp solo that you must see to believe! He is Greek so he carries himself in a way which left many of the women in front of me to scream yell loudly for this music superstar.
- While the show was not overtly sexual, there were some songs which were sensual at times.
- The show was filled with energy and had no lull at all during the two hour show.
I was pleasantly surprised by the show even though I had heard Leslie Mills at a performance she gave for the Ulimate Blog Party Live in March. Leslie was wonderful and her counterparts in the show did not disappoint. It was a night out for the hubs and I and we even got to go backstage and meet the four Yanni Voices.
My motto in life is ” Have an open mind in all things and you might be pleasantly surprised.” The Yanni Voices tour was an enjoyable evening for hubs and I and I appreciated the talent of all thouse involved with the show. So before you write something off as not to your liking, give it a chance. You might just be glad you did!
Another time to play the game I call ” Who is this woman?” This is where I take time today to give some more glimpses into the psyche of a hot chick like myself. (no problem with self-confidence, thank you very much) Thanks to my influx of new readers there are many who may wonder: Just who is this person who wants to “Show Off Her Ass-ets?” Here I give you more random facts about me…
- I do think about sex as much as I write about it. I am not bragging about it, but I like people to know it is very much a part of who I am.
- Going with the first fact I have the need to discuss and be provocative with men I find interesting. I also upfront in telling those men of my commitment to the hubs.
- I love the fact that I have become less inhibited as I have gotten older. I spend far less time thinking about “What will people think?”
- I lead a double life. I enjoy playing Second Life which is virtual world which allows you to create your own avatar and life. In that life you can do what you want with who you want. It allows me a chance to have another outlet to get my fantasies played out as Bliss Dubrovna who has a virtual hunk named Viggo.
- I love hockey and football. Men with big sticks ( hockey) are hot and the football pants make a man look oh so good…
- I graduated in 3 years with my Bachelor’s degree and was accepted into an advanced standing program for my Master’s degree which allowed me to get my graduate degree in 1 yr. I was a bit of an overachiever when it came to college.
- When I was in elementary school my childhood dog Abby got loose and ran down to the bus stop and jumped on the bus. My mother ran down the street in her robe to get the dog off the bus. I can remember the mean bus driver to this day!
- I suffered from severe post partum depression after the birth of my last son. I believe that I was shown at that time what was really important in my life. I take my medication and I guess can now be considered “certifiable.” ( chuckling )
- I believe very strongly that being vulnerable and putting yourself out there leads to wonderful opportunities with other people. Taking a chance when it comes to sharing some of yourself can be a win-win situation.
- Chocolate martinis are my favorite cocktails. The combination of alcohol and chocolate is a bit of heaven for me.
- I have a list of men (celebrities and such) I would bed ( have sex with) in a heartbeat that seems to increase weekly. There only seems to be the common denominator of smart, funny, and witty guys.
- Two of my newer additions to this list include Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Robert Pattison (of Twilight fame).
Just in case you wondered why I put those photos in… I know have an easy place to come and look at those cuties!
- I have lived in Indiana, Michigan, and Tennessee. Those places were never the same after me or before me…
There you go. The facts you just could not live without on yours truly. I have an insatiable curiosity, so I hope this fed you a little bit more information about me. Questions or comments are always welcomed and appreciated. All this talk of hot men has led me to think I might need a cold shower…
**In case you wanted to know even more about me there is a prior post entitled Random Bits about My Ass-ets.
Sex needs better public relations. (which will be referred to as PR from now on) Public relations – often referred to as PR – gains an organization or individual exposure to their audiences using topics of public interest and news items that do not require direct payment. I will do this work for free and the fact that no one is beating the door down to sponsor SOMA (Showing Off My Ass-ets) and my campaign to give sexuality a makeover. I am on record as saying that we need a team of advertisers and public relation types to get on board and make healthy and normal sexuality here in the United States (and I am sure other places too) just a part of life. No need for the “dirty little secrets ” or embarrassment regarding the whole issue. Now you might be thinking, how will I do this? As usual I have a plan to boost “my favorite pastime” to the place where it ought to be in society. Just think of me as the heroine for sexuality, baby!
The days of sexuality being “dirty” or “seedy” are hopefully days of the past with this new PR plan. Our goal is to: ” Provide society a chance to see what a healthy sexual relationship with yourself or a partner can be like, without the feelings of guilt and shame that have been associated with sexuality in our culture for many years.” It might be a basic goal but any goal that puts sexuality into a more positive light is a step in the right direction. Sex education is the goal. This is regarding school instruction but a ” Sex education, which is sometimes called sexuality education or sex and relationships education, is the process of acquiring information and forming attitudes and beliefs about sex, sexual identity, relationships and intimacy.” Our target audience: Men, women, and everyone in-between. We can’t leave anyone out of this equation.
I have never claimed to be a public relations aficionado but my life experiences and professional experiences have led me to the conclusion that when we don’t discuss sexuality in a healthy way and don’t have a vision of what that looks like it begins “oozing” into many areas of society which it need not go. Being able to have a healthy and positive self-image of your body and your own sexuality benefits us all. Healthy sexuality involves:
- the ability to talk about sexual relationships not in a tawdry way but in a way that promotes sexuality as a part of life
- the ability to ask for or give yourself what satisfies your own sexual needs
- the maturity of the two people involved to understand the choice being made when engaging in this intimate activity
- the confidence to believe that we as humans are designed by God (or whatever your belief system encompasses on this matter) for a healthy sexual relationship with each other.
Stepping down off the soapbox for the moment and just giving you some points to consider. Healthy sexuality here in the United States has been pushed underground and for that reason alone comes “oozing” to the top whenever there is the smallest crack. Take a minute to think about how great this gift of sexuality is to all of us. Promote the healthy sexuality that or society has taken from us and let’s enjoy the gift! ( I know I am going to)
A website which has a lot more information on things promoting sex education is http://www.edenfantasys.com/guides-tips/. There is something for everyone on the site and you can click on those things you are interested in and ignore parts you may not be interested in. I found this at their website, called Sex Is… and wanted to include it:
Sex is…finding out who you truly are.
Sex is…putting on masks to reveal your true face.
Sex is…body magic.
Sex is…of the soul.
Sex is…your own private art.
Sex is…anything you want it to be and more.
Sex is…last night.
Sex is…RIGHT here and RIGHT now.
I am charging you my readers to go out there and work on the PR for healthy sexuality and carry the banner of this cause. Did I also mention that it might also be fun? Love to hear your reactions to this or any post. I would not be Showing Off My Ass-ets if I didn’t make you think, would I?