It is my birthday soon and while it is not like one of those “milestone” ones, it gives me a time to reflect on who I am, where I’ve been, and where I want to go. (no I did not get that off a greeting card or self-help book) Gonna say one thing right now, my life has been crazy. I have missed posting and am so glad to be back baby… Back to the subject at hand: me (or moi as the French like to say) and the many reasons why I am just that cool. For your reading pleasure I present to you the Top Ten Reasons I Rock:
- I bring it when it comes to personality. I am bold yet tactful, simple yet complex, and compassionate yet firm. You might find some other peeps who are cool but I genuinely would totally hang out with myself if I was someone else.
- I have a several things I live by in my life and this phrase describes how I feel: No man is a failure who is enjoying life. William Feather
- In a society that often does not appreciate being genuine, I feel like I am almost at all times genuine. That means that if I am sad you see it or if I am happy you know it. I don’t live life pushing things down and not showing others how I feel.
- I appreciate the special unique traits of people. I simply think that everyone of us has traits to share with the world. Instead of looking at the annoying ones, I try hard to look at those interesting traits. I have learned a lot from others by living like this. ( not all good but more often it has been the good things)
- I know how to have an intoxicating attitude. I also am even more fun while intoxicated with this attitude. *wink* Just ask a few people who have seen me after a few chocolate martinis. For your information here is the definition of intoxicating in the sense I am describing :” to excite or elate to the point of enthusiasm or frenzy.”
- I recognize and embrace the shortcomings I have and work with them. Let’s be real, I am really cool but I have some (very few mind you) things that I keep in mind. I am a procrastinator and put things off until the last minute. I used to be a neat freak and now I have gone to the “dark side.” I can be at times a bit of an “attention whore” (gasp). Other than those few things I am perfect… she says laughing to herself.
- I like sex and I can say it loud and proud. I like it, need it, want it, and love talking about it. Quite simply my mind is a gutter and seems like most people (especially the fellas) seem to enjoy my incessant need to banter about it. I can be crude but favor being a verbal temptress who prefers to be provocative on-line and in person. I don’t know why but it seems like there just aren’t enough chicks like me.
- I can express my emotions and thoughts in both written and verbal forms. As a trained clinical social worker, I am able to get the “stuff” out on the table and deal with it. I deal with what is going on and move on. I think that is cool because we have too many people who carry suitcases and suitcases of anger around with them.
- I am a kick-ass wife most of the time with the exception of housework. If you ask hubs, I make it up in other ways!! I love fully and completely with the kids and am the kind of mother I want to be most of the time. I’m not perfect (although close) but keep my eye on what I want to be remembered for.
- Finally I am fun… I can hang with all different kinds of people and enjoy it. I am open-minded and although we may not look like we have much in common, I am going to find a way to have fun with you if I can. There are a few hard nuts to crack sometimes and I know when to quit too.
There you have it. Pass it on to others. Tell them that I am just that cool. Have them read my blog or twitter me to show them (@showingmyassets) why they need to be reading my blog and making a personal connection to me. I may not be your cup of tea, but then again you have to take a sip of me to find out! I love all my readers and hope that the next year I can rock it just as hard as I rocked it this year…